Administered in Queensland for The Japan Foundation by the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science, Griffith University
NOTE: 2020 JULY TEST IS CANCELLED
The July 2020 JLPT that was to be held on July 5 (Sun) is cancelled for both Brisbane and Canberra due to COVID-19. Therefore, applications for the Test in Australia have been suspended.
For those who have already registered, full refunds (Test fee + Eventbrite booking fee) will be made by Eventbrite to the credit card that was used for registration. The refund process is estimated to take 3-4 weeks.
For all July 2020 JLPT queries, please contact JF Sydney at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Test Dates for Brisbane:
Sunday 6 December 2020
Test Site: Brisbane, Griffith University - Nathan Campus.
Test Venue: Test rooms to be confirmed by Griffith University. *
Check-in time: Please check-in to your designated exam room at 12:30 pm.
Starting Test time: 1 pm.
Finishing Test Time: Please note that unexpected delays may occur. From 4 pm to 5 pm.
Online December Registration dates: TBC. Early August to early September.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR ANY REASON
* Your room location is printed on your Test Voucher which is emailed by The Japan Foundation Sydney.
Room locations & exam timetable will be available online closer to the Test date on Facebook: @jlptbrisbane
1. How do I apply for the JPLT?
Registration is only available online at Eventbrite via: http://www.jpf.org.au/jlpt
NB: Online applications run via The Japan Foundation - Sydney, not Griffith University.
2. JLPT Registration Fees &v Payment:
Please make your payment online. JLPT Registration fees are:
*A $6.31 Eventbrite processing fee will apply.
**A $5.76 Eventbrite processing fee will apply.
Please read the Test Guide for terms and conditions of the JLPT webpage.
If you experience any issues during your online registration, please contact: email@example.com
3. When will I receive my test voucher?
The Japan Foundation, Sydney will email your Test Voucher approximately ONE MONTH PRIOR to Test day.
When you receive it, please print your voucher, as you will need to bring it with you on Test day.
If you have not received yours by end of the voucher emailing date, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. How can I prepare myself before the test?
For Test sample materials visit: http://www.jlpt.jp/e/samples/forlearners.html
5. What is the format of the exam?
It is entirely in multiple choice questions - answers format, where your kanji, vocabulary, grammar, reading & listening abilities are tested. There is no interview or oral paper.
6. ON THE TEST DAY YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU:
1. Printed Test Voucher.
2. Original, photo identification (Drivers license/Student card/Passport).
3. Black-lead pencils (No.2 or HB) & Erasers.
· You can only apply for one test, as all will take place at the same time on the same day.
· After the registration period, you cannot change or defer your Test level or site.
· If you are absent from the Test, you will not receive a refund.
· Please keep the Test Voucher in a safe place, to bring it on Test day.
· Analogue watches ONLY permitted. Please leave smart and digital watches at home.
· For Griffith test room locations: https://www162.griffith.edu.au/public/campus-maps/building-locations-map-nat.pdf
· For parking information & transport: https://www.griffith.edu.au/parking
WHEN DO I RECEIVE MY HARD COPY OF RESULTS?
December JLPT hard copy of results will be mailed in late March.
ONLINE VIEWING OF RESULTS:
For December applicants: Online scores available in February.
Visit (www.jpf.org.au/jlpt). You will need your JLPT examinee registration number (printed on your Test Voucher) and your 8-digit passcode (you created this in one of the sections on your application form). You can recover both of these by consulting your email history.
How do I change my contact details?
Please email change of details to Dr Michelle Natolo at: email@example.com
For all other JLPT enquiries
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook for JLPT Brisbane updates: @jlptbrisbane