Deborah Marshall, Dr Tony Matthews
Effective media engagement is a crucial part of academic life. Whether being called upon by journalists for expert comment or trying to get the word out about significant research outcomes, it is vital our academics feel comfortable with, and capable of, navigating the diverse world of contemporary media. This session will cover:
- Why we want publicity/media coverage
- The Media and External Communications team
- How we achieve media coverage and examples of earned media
- What owned news channels can be accessed
- What does the media landscape look like today
- Preparing you for media interviews and opportunities, across all channels.