Participants are asked to view a series of videos before the session, that examine copyright, publishing and open access considerations across all research disciplines. The following topics are covered in the videos:
1. Copyright and its ownership and licensing, the assignment of copyright, and publishing agreements.
2. Using copyright materials belonging to others in research outputs.
3. Copyright permissions, copyright licences and Creative Commons.
4. Open Access and the variety of new publishing models.
5. Avoiding publishing scams
6. Griffith's Online Repository - GRO.
7. Getting permission to include your articles in your thesis
8. Publishing books
9. Copyright and Data
In this one hour session, the Information Policy Officer will answer questions and respond to comments from participants.