Professor Frederic Leusch
Participants are introduced to common strategies to resolve issues involved with academic publishing. Discussion highlights professional advice given by senior academics during the session.
Topics covered include:
- The publishing process - strategies and journal selection;
- Conflict issues in research - responsible conduct and authorship;
- Editors' perspective - authors and peer review process;
- Publishing models - Open scholarship
- Copyright and other services at Griffith
On completion, participants should be able to identify and resolve advanced academic publishing issues. These involve authorship, selection of journals and relationships with editors. Includes an introduction to understanding the process of peer reviewing and newer publishing models including open scholarship and transformative agreements, as well as promoting scholarly publishing resources and assistance on offer at Griffith.