Microsoft Office + Teams Learning and Teaching Summit Event - Attend and learn
Last updated on 19/06/2019
You must be signed in to access this function1
Are you implementing Microsoft Office + Teams for learning and teaching in your institution?
Are you interested in what your colleagues across the sector are doing in this space?
Join us at Griffith University on the 11th and 12th of June to connect with Australian Higher Education colleagues using Microsoft tools for teaching and learning. This is an opportunity to share strategies challenges and triumphs related to the implementation O365+Teams for L&T at the University and course level.
- You! We would love you to share your experiences!
- David Kellerman, Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, UNSW Sydney
- Ray Fleming, Higher Education Lead at Microsoft Australia
- Jason Le Greca , Teams Engineer, Teams in Higher Education at Microsoft
Represent your Institution
There is no registration fee for the Summit. We do hope that on behalf of your institution you, will actively participate in sharing experiences across the two days. We encourage each institution to send two people to the summit. One to speak to how O365+Teams is being implemented for teaching and learning at your University and one, perhaps an academic, that can share how he/she is using Teams and/or O365 within a course.
Numbers are limited, so we are asking that each institution send two representatives. Additional attendees can be added to a waitlist during the registration process.
Details about suitable accommodation options for your representatives will be provided upon registration.
Day 1 University-wide Implementation Challenges, Strategies and Triumphs
- 8:30 - 9:00 Arrival and Registration with Tea/Coffee and Networking
- 9:00 – 9:30 Welcome, Acknowledgement of Country, Introductions and House Keeping
- 9:30 - 10:00 Using Microsoft Teams in HIgher Education
- 10:00 - 10:45 Evergreen is the new black: Managing Office 365
- 10:45 - 11:05 Morning Tea
- 11:05 - 12:15 Second Session: What’s Working Tool Gallery
- 12:15 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 2:15 Presentations from visiting Universities
- 2:15 - 3:00 Group Discussion - Clarifying the Challenges
- 3:00 - 3:20 Afternoon tea
- 3:20 - 3:50 Institutional Benchmarking
- 3:50 - 4:00 Wrap-up and close
Day 2 Course-based Challenges, Strategies and Triumphs
- 8:30 - 9:00 Coffee/tea arrival
- 9:00- 9:05 Day 1 and Agenda review
- 9:05 - 10:05 Keynote - Dr David Kellermann
- 10:05 - 10:30 Morning tea
- 10:30 – 12:00 Showcase Stories - Cases from Course or Program Level
- 12:00 - 12:45 Lunch
- 12:45 - 1:30 Ray Fleming, Higher Education Lead at Microsoft Australia
- 1:30 - 2:30 Panel Session - Teams and OneNote
- 2:30 – 2:45 Wrap up and Takeaways
This session is great if you are using or thinking of using the following tools in the Microsoft 0365 suite for learning and teaching:
- OneNote / Class Notebook
If you're interested in implementing or seeing how you can implement Teams and the other tools in your learning and teaching, discuss with your Learning and Teaching Consultant.
(07) 373 58501
© 2020 Griffith University.
The Griffith material on this web page is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial International License (CC BY-NC 4.0). This licence does not extend to any underlying software, nor any non-Griffith images used under permission or commercial licence (as indicated). Materials linked to from this web page are subject to separate copyright conditions.
Microsoft Office + Teams Learning and Teaching Summit is delivered in the following modes: