The winners have been announced and the prizes awarded to the Winnners and Runners-up for the My Griffith Social Media Challenge 2010. The finalists were invited to join us for International Inspirations Night on Friday 17th September at the Gold Coast campus, where they received their prizes and we watched the videos presented on the big screen.
The challenge was for our international students and alumni to create an innovative, informative and entertaining audio-visual testimony of their experiences here at Griffith. The results are awesome and we thank them all for their efforts as ambassadors for Griffith University.
The winners are listed below and the entries from our finalists can be viewed at the Griffith International – GI Ambassadors Blog: http://griffithintl.wordpress.com/
The first prize Apple iPad winners are:
- 1st place for Undergraduate video – Jordan Morra, (Canada) Bachelor of International Business.
- 1st place for Postgraduate video – Patricia Rodriguez, (Ecuador) Master of Marketing.
- 1st place for Alumni video – Maryanne Lunney (Canada) Graduate of the Bachelor of Nursing.
The Kodak MiniHD video camera winners are:
- 2nd place Undergraduate video – ‘Tom’ Xiaoyi Zhang, (China) Bachelor of Business.
- 2nd place Postgraduate video – Mugun Sivapalan (Canada) Master of International Business.
- 2nd place Alumni Podcast – Kruti Patel (India) Graduate of Master of Information Systems.
The Runners-up for the Undergraduate category:
Drawn for 3rd place and receiving a $100 gift card were
- Nicolas Rakotopare (Reunion Island), B.Environmental Science.
- Cole Bayford (Canada) B.Film & Screen Production.
Drawn for 4th place and receiving a Griffith University hooded sweatshirt for their efforts were
- Guanglei Yan (China) B.Visual Media.
- Parth Raval (India) B.Engineering.
Thanks to all who contributed their time, energy and enthusiasm to the “My Griffith” Social Media Challenge and let’s see what the next challenge will be…