The Referencing Tool is designed to provide you with examples of direct quotations, paraphrasing and full references for a range of resources you may have used when researching a topic. You will access these references by selecting from the following menus progressing until you get to the detailed information:
- The Reference Style:
- AGPS Harvard
- APA (American Psychological Association style 5th edition)
- MLA (Modern Language Association style 3rd edition)
- Vancouver style
- Print Journals
- Electronic Journals
- World Wide Web
- Government Publications, etc.
- one authors
- two authors, etc.
You will then view the following for that format in Media Type in the Reference Style chosen:
- An in-text direct quotation
- An in- text paraphrase
- The full reference as would be listed in the Reference List at the end of the academic paper
These details can be printed and there is an example of a reference list in that particular Reference Style.
This resource is best used in conjunction with the Academic Integrity Student Tutorial.