Where do I get help with assessment?
Help with assessment
Help is available to help you understand and meet assessment requirements.
Your teaching staff
For help on understanding specific aspects of your assessment, contact your teaching staff. They can clarify the requirements of tasks, and point you in the direction of resources that can help.
Smarthinking 24/7 online tutoring
Smarthinking is a free 24/7 online tutoring service available to all Griffith students seeking advice on improving their writing skills. Students can submit their assignment draft for review and receive a response in 24 hours.
Learning Advisers can assist you with improving your academic writing, exam preparation and time management. Get specialist advice from the Library.
You will submit assessments and view marks and feedback using Learning@Griffith. If you strike a technical issue, you can seek help via the Help & Support tab in Learning@Griffith or refer to the Help pages on Using Learning@Griffith.
Develop your writing and study skills
- Reading effectively is critical to completing your assessments and to gain the most out of your studies.
- Preparing for your assignment will help you break down assessment tasks and plan your time.
- Assignment writing gives you great tips!
- Critical thinking means examining your own ideas and those of others to develop a deeper understanding. You will often be assessed on your ability to demonstrate critical thinking.
- Reflective Writing is a technique used in some assessments to demonstrate your ability to think critically.
- Referencing is a fundamental skill at university, and you will often be marked on your ability to reference correctly.
Learn from your peers
Griffith offers two programs – Peer Mentoring and Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) – for peer to peer study help.
Peer Mentoring encompasses many different programs, and you can filter your search to view those for the Digital Campus.
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) are structured group learning sessions designed to help you break down complex ideas to understand your course content, and save hours by using smart study methods. Online sessions are an option.