Dr Luke Forau
Griffith Asia Institute and Pacific Islands Centre for Development Policy and Research are pleased to invite you to a seminar presentation by Dr Luke Forau, Governor, Central Bank of Solomon Islands.
Dr Luke Forau was appointed as Governor on the 1st October 2019. Before that, he was the Deputy Governor from 2018 September-2019 September, and prior to that position, was the Advisor to the Governor from 2016 January-2018 September. He has also held the position of Chief Manager Economics, Research and Statistics Department, and has been with the Central Bank for over twenty years. He holds a PhD in the field of Economics from the University of New South Wales, a master's degree in international and Development Economics from the Australian National University, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Management and Public Administration and Economics from the University of South Pacific.
Dr Forau is a member of the following boards and committees:
• Chairman, Central Bank of Solomon Islands Board
• Chairman, Solomon Islands Government Audit Committee
• Chairman, National Financial Inclusion Taskforce
• Deputy Chairman, Solomon Islands Government Debt Management Advisory Committee
• Deputy Chairman, Anti-Money Laundry Commission
• Member, Telecommunications Commission of Solomon Islands Evaluation Committee
• Member, Mines and Minerals Board.